Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Week Down

We have lived on Rob's new work schedule for one week now and it has been interesting, to say the least. We're all tired, but that is to be expected. Rob is enjoying the work, although it is hard work, but he's learning quite a bit. It sounds like they may be training him on more of the machining quicker than anticipated and he starts learning forklift driving next week. Can't wait to hear how that one goes! He will start at Bass this next week so we're really not done getting used to our new schedule. Oh, and we did find out he's making a dollar more per hour than originally quoted, which is a major praise. The kids and I have been adjusting to life without Daddy in the evenings. It has been especially hard on Matthew, who really misses having Daddy put him to bed. I decided not to do anything the same as Rob so I can just do my own thing with them in the evenings. We have been reading through the Moody family series (written by Sarah Maxwell) and are almost finished with the most recent book. It's about a homeschooling family and the kids just love it. I read a chapter each night and now I'm reading to them upstairs while they're in bed instead of downstairs. Then instead of a family prayer, I have them each say their own prayers. It's been sweet to hear the things that are on their little hearts. I have had a hard time going to bed w/o Rob here. I had been trying to get to sleep a little earlier each night, but last night I ended up watching a movie and not getting to bed until Rob came home at 12:30am. I blame him entirely for that because HE'S the one who checked the movie out from the library. :) I have been enjoying my extended stamp time in the evenings, but with Sale-a-bration coming to a close, I did more business things than stamp. I hit my highest sales month ever in March and will be able to make the van payment from my earnings. Woo-hoo! Our daily schedule had some changes, mainly that family devotions is after breakfast instead of before bed. Schooltime is now when Rob would be working at Bass. I will have to flip flop the boys. Right now, Ben has school before lunch and Matthew after. Matthew seesms to tired to focus well and Ben is too wired to sit still. I did them opposite on Thursday and that seemed to work much better. I'm sure I'll be tweaking more of the schedule as we go along. The only one who seems relatively unaffected by the changes is Anna. She's just the same, sweet, bouncy little girl she always is. She got some tiny princess dolls for her birthday and has been very busy changing their clothes, as well as diapering her babies with the diapers Grandma Litwiller made for her. The kids and I have had some fun in the evenings. I took them to the park both Wednesday and Thursday to enjoy the nicer weather. We even took a picnic supper with us on Thurs and bread to feed the ducks. All three of them are expert duck feeders and had a grand time. So we'll see what this new week brings with Rob's new schedule.

No comments: