Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The New Van

The kids have been so funny about the van. Matthew and Ben think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen and keep inventing reasons to ride in it. If we still have it when they're sixteen and driving, they may not find it so cool :) Anna likes it because she's high enough to see out of the window...and actually near the window and not stuck between her brothers. Any time I looked outside yesterday I was startled by the red van in the driveway. I told the kids when we went to Walmart that I'd probably forget to look for the red van and look for the G6 instead. Ben helped me out...when we left Walmart he stopped in front of my cart and said, "We're looking for a RED VAN, Mom!" And today Rob figured out the child safety locks. The boys think it's the coolest thing that one of the side doors opens by button instead of by force. The phrase most oft repeated yesterday was, "The van is NOT a toy!" You can imagine the fun I had with the kids :) Rob got to drive it today for the first time and when he came in he informed me that he much prefers the car :) That's fine...the van's for me anyway and I LIKE IT!! Via two vehicles!!

1 comment:

Megan R said...

Yay for a new vehicle!!

Our Flex has a powerfold seat, and when we had the older kids in the way-back, I was forever reminding them that it was NOT a toy and that they needed to STOP FIGHTING about who got to push the button to flip the seat forward to let them out. They're all three across the middle row right now, so they no longer have that to fight over. Instead they fight over who gets to climb in first on their side. :P