Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fibro Treatment, Week Four

Well, I have now gone four weeks under the fibro treatment I can honestly say that I'm starting to feel better. I'm not going to be running a marathon anytime soon (or ever, if I'm honest) but I am noticing subtle differences. The biggest change has been mentally. I can focus for longer periods of time and actually paid attention during the entire sermon this morning. I have always had a hard time concentrating on lengthy classes and sermons, so I was quite surprised when the service ended and I had paid attention to every word! I am also able to focus more on conversations with others, so I don't feel like avoiding people in church or getting out of a conversation quickly.

I am still in pain, but I'm better able to manage it. I've also been doing some thinking about how I've pulled myself away from so many activities, so I am adding a few to my schedule, but they are things that will help me therapy-wise: specifically, I'm going to another SU demo's card night for more art therapy :) Right now I feel most like myself when I'm focusing on stamping or when I'm homeschooling the kids, so those activities will get the most attention.

I am also trying to work on my sleep habits. That's a hard one to do, seeing as my body is all messed up in that regards. Right now I'm trying to get to bed at the same time each night and then get up around the same time each morning, no matter how I feel at bedtime or in the morning.

I'm still on the same diet, but it sounds like the test I did to find my food sensitivities is done. My doc is just waiting for the results. So, I should know this week!

Thanks to all of you who have been such wonderful cheerleaders. I really appreciate all of the support I've received, especially in regards to my choice to use a chiropractor over a conventional medical doctor. It means so much to know that I have people praying for me and cheering me on.

No comments: