Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Rest of the Family

News about my fibro treatments have taken up much of my blog time, so I figured I'd give everyone else a fair shot :)

Rob: The greatest husband ever is doing well these days. He's working 12 hour days 5-6 days a week, so he's tired much of the time, but he's doing well. He kicked his caffeine habit and is more awake now than when he was downing coffee and Coke all day long. Rob has opted to eat with me on my diet and is losing weight as well. He has discovered that he has a gluten sensitivity. Since eating with me, he has noticed whenever he has certain products (namely white flour) his throat constricts and he feels sick. We have decided to take the family to a gluten-free diet sooner than anticipated. And he celebrated his 34th birthday on Friday by taking a vacation day. We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and then had a fun family day. He tried making a gluten-free pizza crust for supper but it did not work out....good thing we live next door to a pizza place! He and I went on a date Saturday and had a wonderful time, especially since we both bought a new pair of jeans. I have dropped one size and he dropped two!

Matthew: Little Man is doing well. He is still enjoying school for the most part and excelling. As I have been feeling better, we've been adding a few things back here and there and I am able to keep on top of his readers better. He has the tenderest heart of all three of the kids and has been very helpful to me. He's also my little food evangelist. We have been teaching the kids more and more about how harmful fast food is to our bodies and Matthew said, "What? Is that legal for McDonalds to sell food like that?" And then he proceeded to rant and rave about McDonalds for a long time :) I think my work is done....

Benjamin: Oh, little Ben, my most confusing guy right now. He's an angel 80% of the time and so very helpful, but then that little Ben-with-the-horns starts whispering in his ear and he can be a total terror. We're doing our best to help him out, but there are days that I'd like to string him up by his toes. He did have a little accident last week when taking out the trash. Some broken glass inside the bag poked through and sliced his knee, resulting in seven stitches. He's a tough little guy, though, and after the initial cut never cried once! He gets the stitches out tomorrow. He's also doing well in school and his reading, while progressing slower than Matt's at that age, is still coming along nicely.

Anna: She's still my little sunshine, but she has cloudy days for sure. She copies big brother Ben and gets herself into trouble more often than I'd like to admit. But, she is such a fun little thing to watch! And her sense of style is just hilarious: I never knew so many sparkly things in pink and purple matched! She looked at herself in the mirror on Wednesday night and declared that her Tiny Trackers shirt was ugly. I told her to add an accessory to the ensemble and that perked her right up. And then today she told me my church outfit didn't match. Her favorite movies right now are the Spy Kids movies and she runs around catching spies all over the house...all while holding her baby doll :)

No comments: