Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Pepper Incident

Tonight I made some Annie's Mac and Cheese for supper and as usual, Matthew headed for the pepper. He just likes a little seasoning on his food :) Since he's careful, I let him pepper his own food. But not Ben. Well, I wasn't paying attention and the next think I know, Ben has the pepper right next to him and he's chugging water. I looked at his bowl and there were pepper flakes everywhere! He took another bite or two, then refilled his water cup. And then asked if he had to finish supper.

Well. This momma is not about to let good food go to waste (especially semi-expensive mac and cheese) so I told him yes and he could drink as much water as he needed to. He was at the table for an incredibly long amount of time and drank five cups of water, but he finished it.

And you guessed it....there were five trips to the bathroom prior to his bedtime! On the last trip, I told him, "This is what happens when you do the pepper yourself!" He decided that he'll let Mom season his food next time :) And I'm REALLY thankful that he's never wet the bed and gets up at night if he has to use the bathroom....but we'll see what morning brings....

No comments: