Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fibro Treatment: Week Six

Six weeks of treatment down! This means I am done with three-day-a-week appointments. Now I will go two days a week. I have no real news to report on the treatment front. The nasty powder stuff tastes far better in a shake than it did alone and we have settled in to the diet once more. My resolve was shaken when my wonderful sister-in-law sent cake pops for the kids and gluten-free cookies for me, but I put them in the freezer and they will be the first thing I enjoy when the sugar ban is lifted.

I am feeling so much better overall. Here's a list of some things I've been able to do that I would NEVER have done a month ago:

1. Vacuumed the living room, including using the hose to get under the radiator.
2. Shopped for two hours with Rob
3. Cooked a large breakfast for the kids AND made my own at the same time
4. Took Anna to storytime and did not go crazy from the baby/mom noises
5. Stopped to talk to people in church on Wed nights and have been able to follow the conversation w/o feeling I need to escape b/c I can't focus

I still have a ways to go and there are still some mountains to climb, but I feel better overall and am slowly seeing my life returning to normal.

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

glad to hear you are feeling better and you and Rob have gone down sizes. Dad and I are going to start pretty soon. Getting geared up for it. Not going all out like you but will cut out alot of things and transform into other things.

Joel and Cara said...

That's great! Keep going!

BNorrie said...

woohoo!