Thursday, March 19, 2009

Matthew's story

Matthew told me a story today and I thought I would share it with all of you. I was sitting on the couch playing with Anna when Matthew came up and grabbed his water bottle and started the story:

Matthew: This bottle belonged to my son. He died.
Me: Oh, how did he die?
Matthew: Well, he ran out into the street and got hit by a car. Yeah, that's how he died.
Me: Well, where were you? Why didn't you stop him?
Matthew: I was busy typing a paper. But it's okay because I have another son. But I don't have a wife because she died too. She ran out into the street and got hit by a car, just like my son! And she went to the doctor at the hospital and he cut open her tummy and took the babies out. They were twins because I like twins.
Me: What was your son's name?
Matthew: It was Runintothestreet.
Me: There's your problem! You yelled out his name and he ran into the street!
Matthew: We called him that, but his real name is Jack.

Thus ended the story. We bought a Wii Fit this week and Matthew was watching me do my Body Test this morning. When they do the weight, my Mii gets fat (wonder why) and Matthew said, "You know why I'm not fat, Mommy? Because I don't weigh very much." Astute observation.....

And I love the Wii Fit, just so you know. I'm addicted to step aerobics. If I can stop being addicted to chocolate, I might just have it made....

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Um, interesting story!!

Shanti said...

ROFL!! I found it hilarious. Maybe there's something wrong with my brain too. BTW...when are you going to post more pics of your kids on Facebook?? My kids like seeing your kids on Facebook.