Friday, March 27, 2009

Not again....

Wednesday night we decided to pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza for supper. I preheated the oven and it was up to temp before Rob left to get the pizza. He stuck it in, the timer went off, and the pizza was only half-baked. We then realized that the oven wasn't nearly as hot as it should be for 425 degrees. GRRREEAATTTT!!!! The heating element in our 2 year old oven died. The eyes still work (although I turned on one to check and was watching the wrong eye heat up...gotta love blonde moments) but the oven and broiler are dead. So, we have a repairman coming out on Tuesday, but Rob's going to see if it's something simple he can fix himself between now and then.

As for the pizza, we wrapped it in plastic wrap and stuck it in the fridge. I went over to a friend's house on Thursday to finish baking it. Aye-yi-yi....the Lits and all things electrical just do not mix! Maybe we'll go live in a hut, cook over open fires, and tap out messages on drums from now on.

In other news, the boys are having another sleepover tonight. Anna and I are banished from the house at suppertime so we're going to Upper Krust and then out shopping. Ben took a nap so he's ready to go!

1 comment:

Shanti said...

John has taken to calling me a "saboteur" around his computers. I swear...weird things happen everytime I touch the things. He doesn't even know how I do the things I do! And all I'm doing is checking my email or facebook.