Tuesday, September 11, 2007

For Sale

For Sale: One severe case of allergies. Current sufferer cannot take medication for problem due to pregnancy. Will sell to the highest bidder. Comes with Alavert to irradicate the symptoms. Will ship to you. If no offers are given, sufferer will call doctor in the morning.

For Sale: Two small boys ages three and eighteen months. Have problems hitting each other. Three-year-old likes to talk back. Eighteen month old hits adults and calls them naughty when he doesn't get his way. Will trade for chocolate.

For Sale: Loads of schoolwork. Subjects are Greek Syntax, Intro to World Missions, Intro to Philosophy, Pre-Field Missionary Service, Evangelism and Missions, and Old Testament Biblical Theology. Will break apart the set. Work must be sent back by deadlines. Only A and B students accepted as possible buyers. Will trade for sleep or time with family (or time sleeping with family instead of on couch in between assignments.)

6 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

No sale, already had and been having the allergy thing, but have been able to use medication.

Would take boys, but distance is a problem.

Schoolwork, couldn't keep up with that pace, and wouldn't know where to start.

Sorry no sale here, but will send up some prayers for all of you.

The Harrisons said...

we can't buy your allergies cuz Eóin has them bad too. He is now on two different meds to try and help :-( Can't vouch for any other class but I loved Pre-field Missionary Service. It was a very practical class. We'll pray for you guys!

Unknown said...

I took my Alavert this morning because I just couldn't stand it any longer! My previous doctor allowed it and I'm almost out of the first trimester, so I'm taking my chances. I do feel better!

Shanti said...

sorry not buying either---but you did make me laugh!!

Well, I do have your boys for a little bit today...

Amos said...

I found your blog through Beverly's.

I am so sorry for all the issues, but my goodness you can sure make one laugh with your writing. I think that was my first laugh out loud all day. I have the six year old and three year old boys with almost exactly the same issues. That one made me chuckle. Here is praying that you will have better days ahead.

Unknown said...

Amos--Thanks for the prayers! Glad I could make you chuckle. As bad as my problems get, I never really lose my sense of humor. I even laughed on the operating table after my first c-section because my son sounded so much like a pig! Not exactly good when your insides are on the outside and people are stitching you up!