Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rummage Sales

Today is the all-city rummage sales. Usually, my mom and sister come down for the event, but Mom came last weekend and my niece came down with something that causes vomiting and high fevers, so they stayed home. Poor Mandy...she had the whole car packed and ready to go. She went to pick up her husband and the baby decided to get sick all over the car. Makenzie is still running fevers today, so pray she gets better soon.

I decided to amend the garage sale list and go out this morning. I went for about an hour w/o the family and found a great sale with loads of Stampin UP! stuff. Usually when you find a sale with that much stuff, it's being sold by a demonstrator who knows what it's worth and charges you almost catalouge prices. I don't know if this lady was getting out of the business or just wanted to free up space, but she had everything going for low prices. I got over $100 worth of stamp stuff for $16.50. I'm giving up my monthly stamp night for it, but it's worth it! I was also looking for some skirts but didn't have any luck there. I did find quite a few books to add to our homeschool library, many of them Usbourne books for a quarter to fifty cents each. Not a bad haul!

We're just lounging around this afternoon. Rob hurt his back helping some friends move yesterday, so he's recovering. It's kind of chilly and windy outside, so neither one of us wants to take the boys out to ride bikes. Yesterday, Rob took all three of them outside to play while he grilled supper. That's the first time Anna has been given free reign in the grass and she had a ball! Dirt everywhere and a big grin to boot! I have two outdoorsy types and one who is more like me: enjoy the great outdoors from a screened in porch. (That would be Matthew.)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Yahoo for cheap stamps! ;-)