Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Visit

My parents visited this past weekend and we had a great time with them. I could write this post in my words, but I'll let Matthew tell the story. He had to verbally compose a story during language arts this week about a visit.

"Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. Grandpa looks like a Flumper Flinklesnoz and Grandma looks like a Womper Elephant Flinklesnoz. We played games like Wii and Candyland. Grandma won Candyland but Ben and I did not cheat. Grandpa called us funny names. We went to Eberts. The best part of the visit was Grandpa calling us names and getting a present. I got a dinosaur (but it was really from Great Grandma) and some clothes. Ben got a monkey and Anna got a pink puppy. The funnest part was wrestling and playing with Grandpa and seeing Ben and Anna get their presents."

So there you go! We also got a new couch and love seat this weekend, which we love. We're all on decompression mode from the school year and getting used to a slightly new schedule. Rob works 6am-2pm and we do like it. I wasn't too keen on getting up with the kids by myself in the morning, but as with most things in life, I'm used to it now.

Rob got a new grill as a gift from me and has been having fun with it. He asked if I minded if he grilled out all summer...can't say as I do!

3 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I grill out all summer too. I was kinda lost this winter when it got too cold to grill. It's so much cleaner and healthier :-)

Thanks so much for the cutie little outfit! Hard to believe Eóin used to be that little! I love the card too - so adorable!

gpagmafulkerson said...

Give mommy an A for trying to spell those names that were just made up names.

Shanti said...

Womper Elephant Flinklesnoz! hahaha!

Love it!

And Congrats to Rob for graduating!!