Monday, January 11, 2010

Ben's Family

Apparently, Ben got married and no one ever noticed. Or at least he adopted lots of children. Recently he's been telling us all about his large family. A conversation will start off like this:

Ben: I have ten children.
Me: Ten children! Where do you put them all?
Ben: They all sleep in the same room in their bunkbeds.
Me: That's a lot of kids in one room.
Ben: Uh-huh. And I only feed them ice cream. One time, one of my children went to the freezer and grabbed a popsicle, but he didn't open it, so I just put it back.

Other conversations involving his "family" are of the same ilk. He's had up to nineteen children at one time and occasionally kills off a few of them, all by natural means, mind you. It's so fun to hear what he'll make up next. I think alot of it stems from his imaginative play with the Little People. Rarely does he play with the sets they came with, but he loves to put them in his various dump trucks. And of course, the bus is still his favorite!

Anna has a few funny phrases right now as well. If I hand her a drink, she'll say, "Mommy hand you juice!" instead of "Mommy hand me juice." She refers to herself in the third person as well, which is always humorous. The boys never did that as they caught on to first person references right away, so this is pretty cute. Speaking of pretty, she refers to herself that way and can tell you how old she is with the proper finger raised.

Matthew started Core K today by begging to have a day off school. He just fears anything new. He absolutely loved the new books and the work. The Bible story book for this core is Egermeier's Bible story book. It just so happens we have a 1939 edition of the book given to us by Rob's aunt, so we'll be using that for our family Bible time in the evenings. To quote Rachael Ray, "How cool is that?"

Rob had today off b/c they are trying to catch up with the lack of orders over the holidays. He took the boys to McDonald's to let them run off some energy this afternoon while I make a few cards. So I should probably get to work!

4 comments:

Shanti said...

That is hilarious about Ben's family! So what natural means do they die from?!

I can't remember if any of my kids referred to themselves in the third person or not.


BTW...it looks like we might be coming up to WI for John's Spring break which is March 1-5th. He needs to meet with his Milwaukee professors and didn't want to leave us for a week. We'll be staying at my mom's house in Janesville. WE should try and get together!

Unknown said...

Ben's "children" just "don't make it." I dont' really know what that means. :)

And that would be so fun! If you guys are still here on the 6th, we're having a birthday party for Ben in the afternoon. Mom's group is on Thursday that week as well. I'm busy on the 5th at night, as I'm going with a few people to see one of my former students perform in Hairspray in Milwaukee. Otherwise I think we're pretty clear!

Shanti said...

He just says they don't 'make it'?! That's hilarious!


The only thing is, I won't have a car, since John will be taking the car to Milwaukee all day everyday to meet with his profs.

Shanti said...

wait...is the 6th a Saturday?? I'll have to see if John has a day off somewhere..