Sunday, January 31, 2010

Head Colds, Fevers, and One Crazy Momma

I blogged awhile ago about Anna having a virus and, sure enough, it has made it's rounds. Or Ben caught something new. Monday night he started running a fever and had fevers off and on until Wednesday. He's also had a croupy cough-turned-dry cough-turned phlegmy cough. It's pretty bad and disables him often, waking him up at night as well. He'll be fine for awhile during the day and the next thing I know, he's warm and napping. I think he's headed for yet another doctor's appointment tomorrow. I think he may have bronchitis, so we'll see how right I am.

Matthew has finally succumbed to the virus as well. He was running a temp this evening and spent most of his day on the couch coughing. Anna went to church with Rob this morning but she was coughing as well, so she stayed home with us tonight. And I'm not feeling well either, so you can only imagine how much fun we all had while Rob was gone. Rob would have stayed home too, except that we had multiple nursery responsibilities today.

It hasn't been a very fun week and it looks like next week won't be much fun either with Matthew sick and Ben having who knows what. We'll probably miss mom's group again on Thursday and the library story time on Tuesday. At least Rob has tomorrow off so I won't be alone. And I'm glad that it's head cold stuff only, because there's also a stomach flu virus going around. Maybe by staying home with colds we can avoid the stomach stuff.

While it's no fun having sick kids, I will say that it doesn't really bother me overall. I expect to have sick children. Kids just get viruses and stuff, so it's no big deal. And it's supposed to help build up their immune system for when they're older anyway. Some moments of my day are less than exciting, but when push comes to shove, I have to say that I do enjoying babying them when they are sick. As long as they are sick one at a time :)

4 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Praying for all of you.

The Harrisons said...

Hope everyone gets better soon!!!

Shanti said...

You cope with sicknesses better than I. I lose sleep--especially with the coughing type of illnesses. I jealously guard my sleep since I get so little of it the way it is! Once I start actually sleeping through the night, I'll be able to handle illnesses better.

Unknown said...

Rach--I think it helps that my kids sleep through their coughing fits at night. I hear them, of course, but it's not too bad. And it also helps that my youngest slept through the night at 10 weeks as opposed to 18 mos or 5 mos with the other two. And I can't even say what I did "right" with Anna! My mom said none of us slept through the night until we were a year old. I hope he starts sleeping for you soon!