Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Rob!

Today is Rob's 32nd birthday. It dawned on me this morning that he was NOW 32. He's a little over two years behind me, so whenever I have a birthday, I automatically bump him up a year in my mind :)

Rob decided to take the day off on Friday, so he did go to work this morning. I told him to grab breakfast on the way, so he stopped at Kwik Trip (aside: why do stores try to ruin the English language with short cuts? Isn't texting and FB bad enough??) It was one dollar sandwich day so he grabbed two sandwiches and ended up getting his coffee for free b/c they ran out of the kind he wanted. He also got to come home at noon b/c his department ran out of things to do.

While he was at work, the kids and I were busy at home. The children had each bought him a gift and wanted to make cards. I pulled out a few supplies and took the kids one at a time to make him a card. Trying to do something with all three of them drives me batty, so the boys took turns diverting Anna's attention. It didn't work, but she did have fun rearranging my All in the Family set. Anna colored on her card, Ben did about 50% of the work on his, and all I did for Matthew is adhere two pieces. I was impressed with how well he stamped with the above set. It's got all kinds of people parts and can be tough to get right (no, I do not own a Stamp-a-ma-Jig) but he did pretty good. I had made Rob a card at the Birthday Bash with a tool set and he just loves it. I gave it to him this morning.

We were in the process of picking up toys to give Daddy a clean house when he came home. The children went and grabbed their gifts and Rob had fun opening them. Anna "bought" Daddy a bag of Funyuns, Ben got him a bottle of Coke, and Matthew got him a six-pack of Heath bars. I found the latest Alton Brown book and a new bathroom reader at half.com and got him an Alton Brown t-shirt. He also opened his gifts from his parents.

Tonight we're going to Schlotzsky's Deli in Oconomowoc for dinner and then to church. Rob and I will have a date on Friday for lunch and we're looking forward to it. We want to plan another date soon b/c some of the Dead Sea Scrolls are on display at the Milwaukee Public Museum and we'd like to go see the exhibit w/o the children. In the evening we plan to make individual pizzas and have his birthday dessert. He wants a fruit pie but since he's the only one that likes them, we may go with individual slices from Perkins. :)

So, Rob's have a good birthday so far!

3 comments:

Shanti said...

Sounds like you have some aweseom birthday plans!!

BTW, I'm jealous of his presents. Yes. I'm an Alton Brown fan!

The Harrisons said...

Love Alton Brown! One thing I miss about not having cable is the food network! Sounds like a fun day for Rob :-)

Beverly said...

I love the All in the Family set. :-) Happy birthday, Rob!