Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Conversation with the Librarian

Matthew went to the library tonight to turn in his reading program sheet. The program started on Monday and he's already finsihed the first of two steps (and yes, they did make it a wee bit too easy this year!) Here's the conversation he had with the librarian:

Librarian: Okay Matthew, go ahead and put your sheet in the prize box for the drawing.
Matthew: (while stuffing in his sheet) I really hope everyone wins a prize.
Librarian: Well, that would be nice, wouldn't it?
Me: (thinking in my head that my son is so very kind.....)
Matthew: Yeah, it would be nice if everyone got a prize. Then no one would be whining about it if they didn't win.
Librarian: **laughs quite a bit** Well, I guess not!

And I thought my son was so kindhearted for a minute there.... (which he really is, so his response did surprise and amuse me!)

1 comment:

Shanti said...

LOL!! But too true!