Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rob's Birthday Part II

Yesterday, Rob took a day off work so we could go on a date. Our friend came over around 10am and we decided to do a wee bit of shopping at the outlet mall. I got a new skirt very cheap and Rob picked out some goodies at Harry and David's. Then we drove to Oconomowoc to eat at Chili's. We had a very nice time talking and relaxing together. Then we headed back to Watertown, got some coffee at Berres Brothers, and played a round of Phase 10. We laughed ourselves silly as we played....well, I played. I'm not sure what Rob was doing because he was four rounds behind me when I won! Very uncharacteristic for him!

We went home to relieve the sitter and Rob took the boys to Wal-Mart for an oil change. They came home with the movie Bolt and some popcorn. We made our own individual pizzas, ate, and then settled down to a movie and popcorn. Oh, in between there we had Rob's birthday dessert. He wanted a cherry pie but the kids don't eat pie, so I bought a small package of cupcakes from Pick N Save. Little Miss Anna had earlier decided to push a chair up to the counter and sampled the icing from almost all of the cupcakes (still not sure how she got the containter open!) so they were a little mutilated. Rob and I had some pie after the kids went to bed b/c we were so full from eating out and pizza!

We enjoyed the movie and had a great time together as a family. Rob and I finished the evening by playing some Super Mario Bros Wii. He has already beaten the game, but we found out you can't do the extra levels w/o having found all of the gold coins, so we're going back and working on that. And no, we don't ever plan to grow up! When I'm 85, I will still predominately watch cartoons and play video games. So there :)

We went to Wal-Mart this morning and got Anna some panties. She's currently in them and we're hoping they inspire her to use the potty more often. We'll see :)

No comments: