Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What We're Up To

I thought a nice, general family update might be in order. We have all survived the holidays, even Mommy, who was pretty much a grinch from about the 20th on. So much so that I really want to decorate for Valentine's this year. Totally not me.

Anna is still chattering up a storm and stringing together lots of sentences. One of her favorite pasttimes is being a little mommy. She does play with her dollies quite a bit, but she also likes to boss around her brothers. Just this morning I had reprimanded Ben for getting into something in the study he shouldn't have. I sent him back in to clean it up and Anna went to the gate and said, "Benji, get outta the study. One...two...three..." She now likes apples, so we are up to two fruits she will eat. Her canines FINALLY broke through and she's a happy little girl again. I tell her often that she's nothing but a little dolly.

Ben is doing pretty well in the learning department. He recognizes all of his letters and numbers, mainly thanks to the Sign-A-Lot videos we've gotten from the library. In fact, we were reviewing his letters this morning and when he got stuck, I would sign the letter and then he knew it! He loves his trucks and Little People and is usually found driving something around on the floor. He also loves playing with his "It's a Match" set he got for Christmas.

Matthew is finishing up Sonlight's Core 4/5 this week and will be starting Core K with level 2 readers next week. It's kind of an odd time to start and finish a core, but we started 4/5 at an odd time. Just today he took a little handwriting test and can write all of his letters and numbers properly. He wants to make sure each one is perfect. We bought the new Super Mario Bros. Wii and he's been figuring it out with us. I love watching him play b/c he's fearless and I usually learn a thing or two.

For all of them, we have continued to be more careful with the TV/Wii. They have watched more than usual the past week b/c it is too cold to play outside and the toys get boring and Mommy has a cold. They all love the Sign-A-Lot videos, even Anna. I watched her signing with the people today, which is neat b/c she's the only one that wouldn't do baby signs. (Megan--must be a 3rd baby thing!) She came into the kitchen the other day and signed "ice cream" and told me she wanted some. :)

Rob is plugging away at the Custom Shoppe. They have just this week been cutting back on hours again. He'll be posting his resume on the career site with MBBC soon and we'll see where the Lord leads from there. He did pull a muscle in his back the other night bathing the kids, but is doing better now.

As for me, I've been having some fun over the past week. On Saturday I went to a Stampin UP! birthday bash and made ten birthday cards. It was fun to be with other ladies who love cardmaking. On Monday I worked at the Bass Outlet for about five hours doing inventory. Rob and I were joking that it's my bi-annual job. Ben was a little upset that I left, but I explained to him that some mommies work all of the time and isn't he glad I only leave twice a year? It didn't really help him much. :)

We're all getting/getting over head colds around here. Anna, Ben, and Rob are mending, I'm just starting mine, and I'm not sure about Matthew. He just doesn't get knocked out by colds, so it's hard to tell how sick he is.

Time to go collapse on the couch....

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Too bad you don't live closer! I'm having my annual Birthday Bonanza class in a couple of weeks. :-) It would be so fun to stamp with you!

Loved your Christmas card, by the way!