Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Conversations

I've had some interesting conversations with the children recently. Matthew and I went to Kohl's to exchange a gift he had received. It was a game he already had and he wanted to exchange it for a Transformer. On the way home, Matthew was asking me about Transformers and I dug into the deep recesses of my brain to remember everything I could about the cartoons. (I haven't seen the movies yet and am not sure I will....the trailer alone made my brain spin from all of the action!) We got on the topic of good guys and bad guys. I explained to him that some mommies won't let their little boys have bad guys b/c they don't want them pretending to be a bad guys. But, I pointed out to him that if you don't have a bad guy, the good guy will get very bored. He thought this was funny and decided to get a bad guy when he and Ben picked out their toys with their Christmas money. But, alas, the conversation was for naught and he got a good guy :) (Ben got Optimus Prime, which Matthew called Optimus Prom...can you even imagine that high school dance?)

Anna has been quite the chatterbox recently. She's stringing together more and more words into sentences. She also quite clearly communicates which boy has hurt her and what he did, much to her brothers' chagrin. She loves to sing, so we find a time each day when she sits on my lap for songs and fingerplays.

The boys learned several Christmas carols this year and not only do they know the words, but they alternate words with each other. One starts and they trade off who does the next word. ANNA has started doing this with them as well! She and Ben did the entire first verse of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" last night after supper. Remember, Anna is only 21 months old. Rob told her to go out and get a job to help the family since she's so smart. She ran away babbling baby babble and laughing. :)

The kids are just too much fun!

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

They are fun and it is fun to read all that goes on with them, Thanks for blogging , enjoy it very much.

Shanti said...

Unfortunately, the Transformers movies aren't worth watching. John was a big fan of the cartoons when he was younger and was really looking forwards to them. Just waaaaaaaaay too much 'junk' in them. Boggles my mind of why they put that in there when they market these toys to kids.

Conversations with kids are priceless!! They have a very unique way of expressing themselves and seeing the world around them! :-)