Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Random Silliness

This week, the boys have been very busy trying to dig a hole to the other side of the world. They got the idea from the book "How to Dig a Hole to the Other Side of the World" which does a great job of explaining what's beneath the earth's surface. Rob thinks they may have moved a few centimeters of dirt from the back yard. They did come running in with what they think is a fossil. I'm pretty sure it's just a hard clump of dirt, but I'm not spoiling the fun :)

Anna had Rob and I cracking up tonight. She knew it was time to get dressed for church, so she came into the room, took off her shirt and pants, took off her diaper, and then ran out yelling, "Bye-bye! Have fun! See you later!"

Anna may be getting over her fear of "Away in a Manger" finally. She kept crying whenever we sang it to her, but she sang the first line or two tonight on her own. Then Ben and I finished it but she started whining at the end. I think it may just be an act at this point.

Ben thinks kissing is rather fascinating. If Rob and I are smooching, he'll come in and sit on our feet and watch us. He finds it so interesting that he's decided to test it out. With Matthew. Matthew is not nearly as enthusiastic as Benjamin. I'm sure you can predict the outcome of that one!

I just love my kids. I was thinking today of what a wonderful gift it is that I stay home with them all the time and am homeschooling. There are so many moments I would miss if I didn't get to be around the kids all of the time. They are so cute :)

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Yes, it is a blessing to stay home with your children. I enjoyed it fully when I was at home for ten years with you and your siblings. Cherished every moment of it.

Megan R said...

I have some very stressed out mom friends who are working full-time and trying to do right by their kids at the same time. It was so sad when one responded to an e-mail I sent by saying, "I am barely holding it together over here." :-(

I'm so glad I get to be home with my children.