Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The 2009 Toy Awards

After living for a few days with the various gifts the children have received for Christmas, I thought I might like to give out a few awards to some of these wonderful toys.

Most Educational: Surprisingly, this award goes to Matthew's Hot Wheels Color Change Stunt Ramp. He has to direct the ramp into two tubs or onto another ramp. Go Physics!

Most Creative Use of a Toy: Anna's Sunshine Market. She pulled out the inside stuff and put her legs inside instead to watch TV. (She does play with it normally as well :)

Most Played With Now But Ignored When Opened: Ben's Busy Bugs. He barely glanced at them last Saturday, but he plays with them during school time.

Most Played With When Opened and Now Ignored: Matthew's dinosaurs. He keeps saying that it shrunk. Rob says it just isn't as big as he remembered it.

Most Shared Toy: Ben's "It's A Match" set. The boys sit together and play with it lots.

Cutest Toy: Hmmm....obviously an Anna winner...I think her Giggle Baby (as she calls it) wins this one. If it cries, she gives it kisses and it's blankie.

Most Annoying Use of a Toy: Now, these are not annoying by themselves, but the winners are a pair of books Anna received that play music. They are cute books, but the boys like to each take one and play them at the same time, along with another musical book of Anna's. It sounds like a karioke machine is dying a horrible, electronic death in my living room. Needless to say, Anna can read one at a time until this phase passes. Like I said, I love the books, but the boys can keep their hands off!

Most Useful: The kids got some clothes, which are very useful, but the winner is my kitchen towels. I really needed to replace several of my towels! Thanks Kim and Mom L.!!!

Most Likely to Amuse Mommy: A monkey that chatters when you squeeze it. My mom gave the kids some little stuffed animals that they enjoy when they are at her house. Ben just LOVES this little monkey and I have to admit that I love it too!

Best Game: Matthew's A to Z Jr. Rob and I played it with him yesterday and we're all three hooked on it. Matthew picked it up pretty quickly, I must say.

Best Game, Runner-Up: Ben's Elefun. You can't watch kids chase after butterflies and not smile :)

Funniest Use of a Toy: Ben's dragon riding around in his new dump truck with a small orange dinosaur driving.

Latest Arrival: Matthew and Ben had some Christmas money to spend and they each picked out a Transformer. They have never seen the cartoons, but hey, cars that turn into robots? Any boy would love that!

The kids love all of their gifts and have been bouncing from toy to toy the past few days. We've sat down to read a pile of new books and played many games. Fun times!

1 comment:

The Harrisons said...

So much fun! The bummer about Eóin's birthday and Christmas being so close is that he is desperately due a toy upgrade by Christmas so I was so excited about him getting new ones. Even I was bored playing with his old ones but we just don't have much extra money for buying new toys during the year. Loved all the awards :-)