Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Good Times

This Christmas season started with high hopes and ended up being one I'd like to put in the back of the memory books. Mostly due to the boys' behavior, I must say. And I'd rather not reflect on it in a blog, but rather I'll mention some fun moments with the children in my life. So here are some of the fun memories from Christmas 2009.

Niece Kara Joy (age 6) sitting on my lap right before we opened presents, me trying to convince her that Grandpa bought her a Transformer for Christmas (to her relief, it was a Barbie.)

Niece Kate (age 4) running up and giving me a hug when she arrived.

Niece Callie (age 2) NOT crying when I spoke to her.

Nephew Caleb (age 16 mos) giving Anna lots of hugs and kisses.

Nephew Ezra (age 16 mos) laughing uproariously as Uncle Rob tickled him.

Niece Makenzie (age 17 mos) smiling at me continually.

Nephew Zach (age 11 weeks) smiling and cooing at me and falling asleep on me.

Nephew Jamie (age 2) giggling with Matthew and Ben as they played Elefun and running up and giving me a hug at the restaurant today.

Nephew Julian (age 1 month) looking all snuggly and adorable in his sleeper today.

Daughter Anna (age 21 months) trying to play with Uncle Dan's dog Charlie, getting licked in the face, and putting back the dog toy because she didn't want to play anymore.

Son Benjamin (age 3) opening his dinosaur toy at the Fulkerson side get-together and being VERY surprised.

Son Matthew (age 5) snuggling up to read a pile of books with me on Christmas morning.

So there were some fun moments, thankfully. God also preserved us today on the ride home. A semi got into our lane and almost ran us off the road. God kept Rob calm and he was able to get back onto the highway and pass the semi.

3 comments:

Shanti said...

Wow! Those are a lot of little ones!!

Neat memories though.


Ack! Semis! I seem to have enough close calls with them! Glad to hear you're Ok!

gpagmafulkerson said...

Those are some very nice memories. Good to dwell on the positive instead of the negative. Positive will lift you up. Very much enjoyed having all of you here.

Beverly said...

What a blessing to have so many cousins together! Our kids make up the bulk of, well, the kids in our families, LOL!