Thursday, July 26, 2007

Funny stuff

Okay, so I said this post was going to be about Matthew in VBS, but I changed my mind (or as the teens say, I lied. Anybody else hate that new phrase??) I thought I'd throw out some funny stuff that has happened in the past week.

Ben has been learning his body parts, and one of my favorite one's is "owie." He whacks his head, which normally sports a bruise or cut. He tried to find my ear today but got confused because my hair was down. Oh, and he just has to go with Rob everyday to take Matthew to VBS. That's been cute. He even wanted some offering money when I gave some to Matthew. (Don't worry, I didn't give it to him, although he doesn't put things into his mouth....which is weird...)

Matthew has been so excited about VBS everyday and about once an hour I get asked if he can go...even if he already went there today. This morning he wanted to leave at 7am and Rob told him no, that no one would be there yet. Matthew thought that the workers lived there! (Big shocker..all of you who were teachers know that your students believed you lived at school...which may have been true at times..) He's also been experienting. What does a toilet feel like when it's flushing????

Rob has been in a much better mood since his class ended, so the jokes have been flowing. He's been playing more Nintendo, and it's funny to watch him, because those of you who know him well know that he has very little sense of direction (I can hear my parents laughing now). Well, it applies to Nintendo games as well, and that makes me chuckle everytime I think about it. It's one of those traits that used to annoy me but now I find amusing. He's so cute!

As for me, I've just been enjoying my crew, laughing at their antics, and teasing Matthew (which is so much fun, now that he understands teasing.) We also do karate (we whack at each other and say "hi-ya") and that's produced a lot of giggles.

And there's the laughs from the Lits.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken Said

Should I have turned right to go to the airport? (Rob's famous works a half hour after we had left for the San Fransico airport.)

The Harrisons said...

Soo...what does a toilet feel like when it's flushing?

Shanti said...

John has been more himself too because he just finished his last research paper and his teacher gave him an A in the class. When he finishes these prelim exams I think he'll be bouncing off the walls! That poor guy has had so much bottled up stress for too long!

So does Matthew hug the toilet when it's flushing??! How does he know what it feels like when it's flushing? :-)

Angela has loved VBS too, but David hasn't been happy about her going anymore. He told her to stay today and then he wanted to go with her. Good thing the firetrucks were there. It was a distraction and he got to sit inside one and was happy then.

Unknown said...

Flush your toilet and immediately stick you hand inside. That's how Matthew found out! :)

Shanti said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I won't tell my kids that one. He wanted to feel the whirpool effect.

Anonymous said...

When Matthew was visiting, He hung his head over the toilet, holding onto the seat to watch the water flush down. At first I thought he needed to throw up, but then I realized he enjoyed watching the action.

Mom L