Saturday, July 28, 2007

Where's your ear?

Tonight Rob and the boys played the age-old game of "Got your nose", only with a twist. Rob stole both of Matthew's ears. Matthew wanted them back, of course, but Rob wasn't giving. He took the left ear and threw it out the window to Dr. Price (our neighbor and pastor). ***note: Dr. Price wasn't really playing, but minding his own business in the garden.**** He took the other ear and threw it into the fan and said, "It's now in 30,000 pieces! Go get them!" Matthew went to the opposite side of the room, trying to find his ears. Ben was right behind him, looking just as intently for Matthew's ears as Matthew was.

Well, Matthew claimed to have found his ears, but Rob told him that Dr. Price still had his left ear. Matthew asked, "What's Dr. Price doing with my left ear?" I said, "He's probably going to eat it. He likes to eat the ears off little children. That's why he's in Children's Ministries." Matthew was rather upset and went to the window and said, "Excuse me, Dr. Price, but can I have my ear back?" Dr. Price (who had gone into the house and still has no knowledge of this event) did not answer. We decided, at that point, to send in the ear finding expert: Ben. Rob asked Ben to find Matthew's ears. Ben went to one side and pointed, then to the other side and pointed, and found both of Matthew's ears to be safely on his head.

You'd think that would have been enough for MJ, but no, he still had to find all the pieces to the ear that Rob threw into the fan. They were all over the living room, including in my shoe, on the couch, and in a Cool-Whip container that the boys play with. All was finally well, and they went upstairs for bath time. The End.

4 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

That is so cute. Sounds like something Dad would do. Mom

Shanti said...

Now that is hilarious!! Poor oblivious Dr. Price. I can just see MJ approaching Dr. Price about the incident later one day and demanding his ear back. hehe.

Anonymous said...

My first memory of the nose game was when my Grandpa Malcom Keen played it with me. He would pull on my nose pretty hard sometimes that I really did check to see if it was still there.

Mom L

The Harrisons said...

Slightly twisted...I'm sure Dr. Price appreciates the kids thinking he's gonna eat their ears off :) Good thing Ben was there to save the day huh?