Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gotcher Nose???

When Matthew was around Ben's age (20 months or so), we had a grand time playing that great game, "Gotcher nose." You know the game I'm talking about...you grab the child's nose and run around while they chase you, laughing hysterically. Then you place the nose on their elbow or something. Matthew and I still enjoy that great game, only it's gotten more elaborate.

Well, I tried to play that with Ben today, but did not get quite the same response. We were sitting on the couch and I reached over, grabbed his nose and said, "Gotcher nose!" He furrowed his brow, frowned, stood up, and grabbed my nose. Then he sat back down, triumphant, and continued reading his book, all as if to say, "Two can play at that game!"

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Doesn't work the same way with different kids. Some are elaborate and some get right to the point.

Anonymous said...

I remember my grandpa Malcom Keen being the first one to do that to my nose. He pulled hard, so I would really check it to make sure it was still there or to rub it. He also gave very sloppy, wet kisses. I loved him anyway. Smile.

Grandma Litwiller

The Harrisons said...

I still think your kids are cute even if you called mine a hideous monster ...hhmmpfh...