Friday, February 22, 2008

Chocolate

Okay, for the three of you who don't like Hershey bars or arent' chocolate eaters (which is okay, as long as you have a vice to cling to) I have to explain why happiness is a Hershey bar. Several years ago, Hershey's had a commercial that said, "Happiness is a Hershey bar." I happen to be a great fan of plain milk chocolate (my favorite being See's candy bars...can't get that out here) so when my mom would ask what I wanted from the store, I would say, "Bring me some happiness" and she would come home with a Hershey bar for me. So, Hershey's for me is part memory and part yumminess. Their sugar free equivalent is actually pretty tolerable and does curb the chocolate beasty that lies within, but it's not as good.

Furthermore, they have proven that eating chocolate while pregnant makes for happier babies. When I was pregnant with Ben, I stopped eating the sugar free stuff and "snuck" smaller quantities of the regular stuff at off-testing times. I did not want an artifically happy baby :)

So, for those of you who don't eat chocolate and had very cranky babies (R.D.) that was your problem. :)

1 comment:

gpagmafulkerson said...

You know I have heard that dark chocolate is suppose to be good for you, can't remember what for, but have gotten to like some of the dark chocolate. chocolate is chocolate, right, yum.!