Friday, February 8, 2008

Our week in review

We had a pretty good week overall, but it sure had some interesting highlights. The best one was the blizzard that hit us on Wednesday. MBBC cancelled their classes and our church cancelled its services, but Rob still had to go to work. He and the boys shoveled out the sidewalk and driveway at about 7:30 in the morning. By 11am, you couldn't tell. Our neighbor used his snowblower to do our front sidewalk and by the time Rob got home, it was covered again.

Rob had an interesting time trying to get home. His 10 minute drive took 40 minutes and he got stuck twice in the snow. The president sent the employees home at 4:30 (Rob got off at five anyway that day) because he couldn't get out of the parking lot. The guys worked on getting a pathway out of the lot for about 20 minutes. My hubby wears shorts to work, so his legs were blue in the front by the time he got into the car. (He now keeps jeans in the car for emergencies.) He got stuck in a drift leaving the lot and a good Samaritan pulled him out. Then, as he was passing Berres Brothers (the coffee factory) he swerved to avoid a stalled car, got into the wrong lane of traffic, and got stuck again. This time he was able to work himself out. (He now keeps the shovel in the car for any such emergency again!) He made it home by 5:30, but got stuck trying to get into the driveway. He put on the flashers, came in to change and warm up, then went out to shovel the two foot drifts out of the driveway. He got in no problem after that. In the morning, he had a three-foot wall of snow left by the plows to shovel through so he could get to work! It's crazy, but fun. At this moment, Wisconsin is one inch short of meeting the record amount of snowfall in one year, set in 1929. And it's snowing right now. And we're supposed to get more over the next five days. All I have to say is, "Woo-hoo!!!! I love snow!!!" And I'm being serious....I really love it!

Otherwise, our week has been uneventful. The boys have been running around yelling at the top of their lungs and driving me nuts. Rob and I discussed what to do, because I don't like punishing my boys for being boys. What we came up with is a designated yelling time. It has helped, because they can rip around the house and be as loud as they want until a timer goes off. I don't have to keep trying to shush them, so it's less stress on me. We're all happy again!

I'm feeling more and more pregnant as each day progresses and find it harder to stay on my feet for long periods of time. We've taken advantage of more frozen meals so that we're still eating decently. I can pop in an entree in the oven, frozen veggies in the microwave, add some rolls and we have supper! We also bought paper plates so I have less dishes to do. Just doing the dishes takes all my energy some mornings, so short cuts are welcome! If only they made paper pots and pans.....

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

This winter has been a very weird one. Rain, sleet, snow , thunder snow the other night, here. (Thunder and lightning and snowing, crazy).

The Harrisons said...

You are crazy!!! I was just thinking we moved the right year! As Ben would say - YUCKY! :-) I was cracking up that Rob is still wearing shorts to work...sooo funny!