Sunday, February 17, 2008

Housebound

Today, just as Rob was getting ready to warm up the car, we got the call that church had been cancelled. As an officer of the Ladies Missionary Fellowship, I did my duty calling around to my list of church members with the news. I caught one family that was already half-way there! Apparently, the police told our pastor that they wanted as few people on the roads as possible. Tonight was cancelled as well.

Why the cancellations? Well, we had ice last night. Lots of it. It rained and froze everywhere. Then it snowed this afternoon after freezing more of the rain. Not good driving conditions. Rob and our neighbor (who is a prof at MBBC) weren't even sure if there will be school tomorrow. Rob went out to shovel off as much slush as he could so there would be less ice on our sidewalks, but within ten minutes, the puddles would reform. It's just yucky out there.

So, we stayed indoors and had a relatively pleasant day together. The kids watched and discussed a Veggie Tale for Sunday school, Rob and I played lots of card games, I made meatloaf for lunch (and tested well on it!), we made chocolate-covered pretzels with sprinkles tonight for a snack, and had a pretty good day. The boys were going crazy about an hour ago, so they were put to bed a tad earlier than usual. I think they're just tired of being cooped up. I think I'm going to have to be creative tomorrow and keep them occupied, because I doubt we're going anywhere.

We're supposed to have more snow tonight, so we'll see what happens. Watertown has already used over half of it's snow removal budget for the year (and that was in January) and are already using more sand than salt. They are also concentrating on problem areas more than sanding everything. According to the Watertown Daily Times, they expect people to just drive safe on the snow. I guess they can't help it that the weather has been so bad!

Anyway, that's the scoop from here. I still love the snow and all, but even I had a case of the blahs on Friday. What I really need is my stamp order to come in so I can work on cards.......

1 comment:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Remember times when we were cooped up with all four of you. Play games together, make special treats like you did today, teach them something new, find something they haven't seen or done in a long time. Make us a picture.
Have a good day!