Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day...Litwiller style

Our family is so blessed to have Rob at the head. He's a wonderful father, never hesitating to pitch in when needed. He's a great godly example to the children, a good leader, and a fun "toy" for the kids as well. And he got to be a good example and leader today in a way he never expected.

We had some gifts prepared for him when he got up this morning. I bought a tie kit at Walgreens that had a white tie in it with some fabric crayons. The boys colored the tie and I ironed it to set the color. Rob proudly wore it to church this morning and had fun showing it off. I started a scrapbook for Rob of him with the kids. So far it has a title page and a newborn page for each child, but I plan to add to it in the days ahead. He made himself breakfast (you just can't top Rob's biscuits so I didn't try) and we headed to church. I drove and dropped him off at the door (tee-hee) and then I walked in the kids. We had a nice service and came home to our own deli bar for lunch. Rob picked out all the fixings for a deli lunch and we had sandwiches, cole slaw, chips, and a big cookie that the boys had decorated for him at the grocery store. I sent Rob up for a nap while I entertained the boys.

And then....I sent Rob to Berres Brothers to get a special coffee drink. I would have gone, but I had another big headache. He came back shortly after leaving because the car was acting funny. The speedometor (sp??) doesn't work right now and it's telling the car that it doesn't know how fast it's going. At least that's what the people at Auto Zone and our friend the car mechanic said. We can't get the part from Auto Zone b/c Saturn was bought out by Penske, so we're waiting for direction from our mechanic friend. The nearest Saturn dealer is 23 miles away.

Rob is handling all of this in stride, in usual Rob-style. If you are wondering "Why is this such a big deal to Penni?" then think of the one thing you know NOTHING about and would panic about if it broke. That's us with cars. That's why I only buy new...they generally have less problems. Oh, did I mention that the warranty on our three-year-old vehicle JUST expired last month? Yeah. But Rob is cool and calm, he reminded me that nothing surprises God, and we'll be just fine. He'll probably take the day off work tomorrow to get the car fixed.

In the mean time, we walk. Anna has a check-up tomorrow and it's too far to walk so I'll see if I can get a friend to take me or just reschedule the appointment. I hate to reschedule b/c her doctor is only in town two days a week.

Anyway, we ordered out for Chinese for supper b/c we were supposed to go out to eat. Thankfully the restaurant delivers :) Rob said he had a wonderful day in spite of the car situation.

Update: Rob is currently on the phone with our mechanic friend who says Auto Zone doesn't know what they are talking about. We can order the part. Good news !

1 comment:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Such a good daddy and husband. Have Father's Day , Rob.