Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm melting, MELTING!!!

It's hot. And yucky. We have no A/C and no car to help us escape the heat. We just went to Walgreens (only two blocks away) to get out of the heat, buy another fan, and get some microwave meals so we don't have to cook. I am not one of those people who tolerates heat very well. I must have a fan on me at all times. I sleep with a fan on me well into the fall. THAT'S why I love winter so much. On the coldest days of winter when even I'm tempted to complain, I think about the yucky humid nasty days of summer and I stop complaining b/c I know it could be worse.

I would have just stayed inside today, but I needed stamps b/c I have some birthday/anniversary/and thank you cards to get out. Since I have no car, I had to walk. I decided to get there early in the morning, hoping to beat the heat. The kids and I left at 8am for our 11 block walk. It was already hot. We had to cross over a bridge and I usually let them look at the river, but today I shooed them across quickly b/c there was no shade. On the way back, they ran across b/c it was too hot to linger! Ben scraped his knee and the nice postal worker let us go into the back to wash it off and gave him a band-aid. It was kind of cool to see the post office behind the scenes.

We did let the kids play in the pool this afternoon. Anna doesn't like all the splashing, but at least she cooled off for a bit. And looked cute in her little swim suit. I would have taken them to the big pool, but that would require walking across town. Not worth it.

Bleh. At least the kids are still funny. Anna has been my funny buddy, doing all kinds of silly things, like her monster walk. Ben informed me today that the trash man took away our old couch and he's sitting on it in his living room now. And Matthew and I figured out how to play Super Mario Galaxy with two people. He holds down enemies for me while I squash them.

Four months and counting until the good weather returns....

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Be glad you are not in Las Vegas!!