Monday, June 1, 2009

Sigh

Rob's eleven day weekend came to a close and he had to go back to work today. The upside of his going back to work is the return of income :) The downside is that he's not here anymore. At least he works mornings to mid-afternoon and we have a good chunk of the day with him. Oddly enough, the kids didn't even ask where he was until lunchtime today. They are very conditioned to Daddy being gone.

I'm trying to get up when Rob does so I can do my devotions in the morning. I am trying to read through the Bible this year (currently in the book of Job, which is so cheery to read in the morning) and I just started a little Bible study book on contentment. There is no ladies Bible study at church in the summer, but they offered a little book for those of us who wanted to do something over the summer months. It's pretty good so far.

We got back into our Sonlight material today after taking last week off. We were gone for three days and I just couldn't see starting up on a Thursday. We took some time to clean house and play with the kids instead. Matthew didn't even miss it until yesterday, when he sang to me, "Mo-mmy...we forgot to do schoo-ool!" (He's been performing in his own reality-style musical recently...i.e. he sings most of the time instead of talking.)

Ben had yet another nosebleed yesterday at church, but he got some candy out of it from the gentleman who helps us pass back the nursery kids. He's getting a little better about dealing with it each time it happens. And I was in Anna's nursery yesterday, which made her jealous and whiny whenever I picked up another child. It was fun otherwise...I hadn't worked in the toddler nursery for a long time. It's amazing how much different a young one-year-old is compared to a child almost two.

No comments: