Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lunch Date

Rob and I got to go out on a date today, something we haven't done since Valentine's Day. Our friends-with-no-car offered to watch the kids in exchange for rides we've given them until they get their broken car replaced. We went to the new restaurant in town and shopping. The restaurant was nice and has some Greek cuisine. It's right next to the new McDonald's where Ponderosa used to be. It has the Rob-Penni stamp of approval.

We went shopping for outfits for me afterwards. I like having Rob with me b/c I rarely trust the opinion of a sales person. They keep trying to get me in prints and styles that are just plain crazy. Rob has a lot more sense and knows me WAY better :) I found two skirts and a shirt that I like. I had to laugh at Rob when one of the sales ladies started a dressing room for me. I was trying to keep a skirt so I could find a shirt for it. She picked one out (that I hated and was in the wrong size) and then took the skirt to hang up. I'm not a very forceful person, so I just let her take the skirt. Everytime I picked up something after that, Rob would say, "Quick! Hide it or she'll take it!" He had me giggling through the rest of the trip.

We did find him a new Hawaiian shirt at Kohl's, which is his weakness. I made sure he bought the loudest one they had and told him he HAD to wear it to church. (Oh, he usually wears a suit, which is why the loud shirt would be out of place for him.) We'll see if I can convince him to do it.

The kids had a good time with the sitters and were chasing each other around with water guns when we came home. We all had a great time.

And, on another note, I have a terrible sunburn from the pool yesterday (so you can imagine how much "fun" it was to try on clothing). I can see where my spray on stuff worked. I have circles on my arms from where it sprayed on. I guess I would have had to spray every inch of my person directly to have been protected. Needless to say, that worthless bottle of sunscreen is trashed and I'll use the kids' stuff next time.

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Glad you all had a good day.

Lisa H said...

sorry about your sunburn! not fun. I got a little pink the other day at the pool. Note to myself: use 45instead of 15 and don't stay at the pool from 11-2 !!!!

p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog...it's always good to know SOMEONE is reading!