Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi ho, Hi ho...

...it was off to work I go! A friend of mine is the manager at the local Bass outlet and she hires casual labor for their inventory times. I worked for a little over six hours yesterday doing the date entry part of inventory...which is good, because every time I try to count or scan merchandise I end up being off. It was a lot of fun and brought in a little extra income. I'm going back tonight to help them finish.

My children, on the other hand, did not like having Mommy gone, even though Daddy was here. Matthew was upset that I was leaving, but handled it okay overall. Ben has been naughtier than usual today...perhaps punishing me for leaving??? Anna has been very clingy and had to be right next to me all morning long (which made school time very interesting). I let her up on the stepstool while I made lunch. I gave her some measuring utensils to play with while I cooked. She was perfectly content until naptime. She NEVER cries at naptime, but today she threw a little fit. I think she just didn't want to leave Mommy! She's also starting to have a bit of trouble going into the nursery, so it must be separation-anxiety time. Yippee. I don't leave until around their bedtime tonight, so maybe she'll be better tomorrow. Oh, she also cried when I let Ben out to check the mail, thinking that I was leaving again. I could complain, but it's nice to be missed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys did not like it when I worked part time interpreting, especially Andy.

Mom L

gpagmafulkerson said...

You are with them majority of the time, it is to be expected. Mom