Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still here

I haven't posted anything for awhile b/c I haven't had anything to say. We had an okay week and Rob had the day off on Friday (with pay this time!) I had a "tired spell" on Thursday that lasted into Friday, so we cancelled our plans to check out a different children's museum. Thankfully we hadn't told the kids, so they weren't disappointed.

We went to the parade here in town on the 4th. Rob didn't go out to set out our chairs until Saturday morning, so we had second-row seats. That meant the kids weren't on the curb and couldn't collect candy as usual. The adults in front of us did hand some back to them, but it just wasn't the same. Rob said he'll get the chairs out a day early next year. We had two picnics to attend. The first was with our neighbors and was fun, mainly b/c the boys behaved. The second was with a bunch of friends from church and was not as much fun b/c Ben was being mean. We ended up leaving early, making a very loud exit with one screaming three-year-old. We bathed them (getting off the tons of bug spray that made very little difference) and put them to bet at 8pm as usual. Rob and I collapsed in bed to the sounds of the fireworks.

This week is our VBS at church, although it is Family Bible school, so I guess it's FBS. We are helping with nursery tonight and Thursday night. Ben is stuck in nursery b/c they are not taking three-year-olds in the preschool group, not even the church kids as they had done in previous years. It doesn't make me real happy, but I guess they are taking the 3's for story time.

So I guess we haven't had the happiest of weeks overall. And when you're not happy or satisfied, one of the best things you can do is go buy a cake. That's exactly what I did after lunch today. I brought home a little cake and wrote "Happy Us Day" on it and told the boys that sometimes it's just fun to celebrate the fact that you exist.

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

That is the way to end the week, have cake. Yes.

Shanti said...

I love the "Happy Us Day" idea!! I'll have to remember it. I could have used one of those cakes today!!