Sunday, July 26, 2009

We tried, Okay???

Yesterday we were supposed to attend the wedding of our next-door neighbor's son. I had the invite awhile ago, thought I memorized the location, and responsibly recycled it. I had my babysitter lined up, picked her up, and Rob and I were set for about an hour of wedding "fun." (Those who know me best know that I HATE weddings, which is why I'm always so sarcastic at them....but I digress...)

Anyway, we headed over to the church. And then we walked around the church attempting to enter every single solidly locked door. Obviously, my memorization skills were a little off. I had memorzied the name of the church, but as it turns out, there are about four churches with that exact same name in the phone book and I had the wrong one. We tried finding another church farther down the street, but it's parking lot was just as empty. The interim pastor of the church kind of laughed when we caught him coming out of the building and offered to help us find it, but in a town famous for it's high church ratio (Watertown has the highest church-to-people ration in America) and most of them being Lutheran and we were looking for a Lutheran church, it wasn't going to happen.

So we took our kid-free hour and went to Wal-Mart and got the happy couple a nice gift. Hey, we weren't wasting free babysitting!

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

All I can say is oh my goodness.
And don't recycle so soon.

cardboardkiller said...

aww mrs. lit, i just got engaged a month ago, and im getting married sometime in june of 2010 (havent set the date yet)... and you guys wont be there?

Unknown said...

We could be if I don't recycle the invite early and can find the church....and CONGRATS!!! I almost did an out-loud girlie scream!