Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Conversation in the Parking Lot

Yesterday we all went out and waited in the car while Rob returned some ground chuck that had gone bad. Here's the conversation between Matthew and yours truly:

Matthew: Why are we here, Mommy?
Me: Daddy had to return some ground beef that went bad.
Matthew: Why did it go bad?
Me: I don't know, sweetie. It shouldn't have gone bad by now, that's why Daddy is taking it back.
Matthew: What will they do with it?
Me: Well, they will probably throw it in the trash.
Matthew: Daddy couldn't have thrown it away at home?
Me: Daddy needs to show the store that it went bad early so he can get his money back.
Matthew: (in a panicky voice) How will they know which money was Daddy's??
Me: (After laughing for a bit) Oh, honey, they'll just give him the right amount, not the same money.

At this point, Rob returned. He told me that he was not the first person to return some ground chuck today. Kind of weird because we've never gotten bad meat at Pick 'n Save before.

In other news, I hurt my back playing Wii on Saturday night. I have recurring problems from an injury in junior high and also nerve pain from the multiple failed spinal attempts during my last two c-sections. I thought I was better yesterday, but it all just came back when I took Anna to Wal-Mart. God is so good, though. I had a wonderful time reading Scripture and praying on Sunday morning. Guess I'll be doing that tonight while the fam is at church as well. :)

No comments: