Saturday, March 8, 2008

Getting there

Well, we're a little bit closer now to being ready for the baby. The pack and play/bassinet is up, the 0-3 month clothes are sorted and ready to be washed, several essentials have been purchased, and our bedroom has been cleaned out. We still have a few items on the list yet to get and need to wash up clothes, clean the car seat (yes, it's still fine), wash the bouncy seat cover, and I think we're good.

I told Rob today that this is the first baby I have really wanted OUT OF MY BODY!!! She keeps moving and kicking in places that are painful and LOVES my bladder. Thirteen days until uterine liberation.......

In other news, Rob and I are recooperating from this crazy virus. He still gets nauseus off and on and I'm just really tired. Of course, that could be end of the pregnancy tiredness. The boys wouldn't nap today, so they are very cranky little guys. They will go to bed early for sure!

A couple of funny things from the day:

1. We went to Family Video today. We haven't rented movies in a really long time--quite frankly, there's nothing decent out there anyway and we proved it by looking at the movies today. But, they have free kids videos and we had an invite to join and get 1/2 price movies for a month, so we went over. Okay, it's been so long since we've rented a movie that I forgot that the actual movie to rent is BEHIND the case! So sad....

2. Today we were talking about Ben and his great hand-eye coordination. I am going to teach him to play baseball when he's a bit older and we were speculating on what sport he'd be best at. Then I asked Matthew, "What do you think you'll be good at when you're older?" He said, "I'll be good on the date." Now, I know he's talking about the date he and I have planned for this week, but it sounds like he plans to be a player of a different sort when he's older.

3. Rob looked at my pregnant belly after I got dressed today and said, "Boy, I think you're in a couple of time zones." That was a new one and got a good laugh out of me.

1 comment:

The Harrisons said...

Wow - that time seemed to go by so fast! I can believe you only have less than two weeks left! I can't wait to see pics :-) We are hoping to come visit in May for Jonathan's mom's birthday.