Monday, March 10, 2008

Poor Benjamin

So, I went from one post about Rob and I getting sick into a post about the baby preparations and completely forgot that BEN TURNED TWO ON FRIDAY!!! No, I didn't forget his birthday...I just forgot to mention it on the blog. What a bad mommy.

We weren't going to plan a party anyway, but all the sickness kind of showed that we were wise in that decision. We had already given Ben his present--a tricycle that looks like Scoop from Bob the Builder. We had money from various grandparents to spend on him, but we weren't able and well enough to get something for him until after his birthday. Thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa Litwiller had sent wrapped presents, so he opened those after breakfast. He enjoys his books and a I can't wait to see him in his cute shorts/overall outfit this summer. We went through the McDonald's drive-thru to get Happy Meals for lunch and I picked up a cake at the grocery store. I'm so proud of him--he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. That's my boy.

We let him pick out a gift from my parents at Wal-Mart on Saturday and he paid for it himself. He got the Little People bus, which he has been playing with non-stop since we brought it home. His great-grandma also sent him some money, so we got him 101 Dalmations on DVD, which both he and Matthew love. Oh, she wrote the check out to Ben, so we thought we'd be funny about how to sign it. Rob took Ben into the bank, popped him onto the counter, and asked the teller how to have Ben sign the check. She laughed and suggested finger painting. She then told Rob how to properly sign a child's check for the future. We kind of already knew, but it was pretty funny to take him in. He got a sucker out of the deal, so it was worth it :)

If you ask Ben how old he is, he'll tell you that he's three. He's just copying his big brother, but it's cute. He did miss his first chance to be in a "real" Sunday school class on Sunday, since we kept him home to be on the safe side. We should have kept Matthew home as well. He cried almost the entire time he was there. I was working at the nursery desk all morning, so I was handy when he needed me, but I think that he's going to have to relearn social skills. When Ben's there next week, it should help.

So, Happy Birthday (late) to my little guy. I told him that he's a big boy now and he can't be a baby anymore. Too bad---he's so cute and he still looks like a baby when he's sleeping. I guess he'll always be my baby boy.

1 comment:

The Harrisons said...

Aw - Happy Birthday Ben! Eóin got the little people bus for his birthday too..."stop and go, stop and go...." ha ha ha :-)