Monday, March 17, 2008

Kid Quotes

We were driving to church on Sunday morning. Rob rounded at curb (at a very safe speed) and Ben yelled, "Whoa, Daddy! That's too fast!"

Ben started real Sunday school yesterday. He calls it "Matthew's church" because they are in the same room. They divide up for the lesson but are together for opener, snacks, and playtime. I think he's too little...he still looks like a baby to me! And next youngest two-year-old is seven months older than him. Rob says he'll look bigger to me on Friday....

Rob and Matthew were wrestling last night and Matthew yelled out, "Thou shalt not sit on me!!"

Matthew let out a blood-curdling scream followed by smaller screams. Rob ran into the living room expecting to see severed, bleeding body parts. Instead, Matthew had his fist held out and said, "There's....a....ladybug....on.....my....hand...." Rob told him to flick it off and get over it. (Matthew is deathly afraid of bugs...good thing we live in an old house..) Later, Matthew said, "It's okay. He didn't eat much." Rob is now planning a family trip to the Milwaukee public museum to see the insect exhibit. Can't wait to see how MJ responds to hissing cockroaches!

1 comment:

Shanti said...

ROFL!! Those quotes are hilarious! I love "Thou shalt not sit on me!"

I bet my kids would love to see the insect exhibit at the Milwaukee museum. That's great! hehe. Ladybugs. Who knew they could incite such fear into the heart of man...or in this case...boy?