Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Crab and the Angelfish

If you visit our home, you will see a plaque just to the right of the door that reads, "One old crab and an angelfish live here." Usually when you see stuff like that, you assume the guy is the crab and the lady is the angelfish. Not so in our household. We bought that after I had been "crabbing" at Rob about parking in Monterrey (one of our favorite places in Cali.) We saw it in a shop window upon exiting the garage and just died laughing. Then we bought it! Why am I mentioning our porch decoration? Only to say that I'm going to give a little update on the crab and the angelfish :) Enough about the little minnows for at least one blog.

The angelfish: Rob is doing okay right now. He does not have any job leads, although the Budweiser cleaning job called back :) We saw a bunch of new stuff in the paper today, so we'll see where that goes. We did figure out that it is possible for him to work 40 hours a week when school starts. Last year he could only work 37. It's still not enough, but at least it's a plan until we find something better. He got a B- in his lit class, to our great surprise. It was a tough one and we were both praying for a C, so God was very gracious to him! Otherwise, he's plugging along. Some of his old soreness from his problem in the spring is returning, so pray that we don't have to go through all of that therapy again. Or that he finds a less strenuous job that pays lots more money.

The crab: I'm plugging along. My morning sickness keeps fluctuating, so I never know when it will hit. The past two days have been hardest at suppertime and I haven't been able to eat anything until late at night. Someone at church told me that I'm having a girl because she can't make up her mind about when I should be sick. It could be, because the quesiness is far more intense at times than it ever was with the boys. Who knows. I have my Tupperware Grand Opening on Friday. Pray that this business venture takes off for us. It'll be rough with just the one vehicle, but if God is blessing, then it will all work out.

Other news: Our favorite pizza place here in Watertown had a fire last night. We've taken several different family members there, so hopefully you remember it. The apartments above it burned, but Rico's didn't look too bad from the outside when we drove past. Pray for the Goff family (members at our church and the owners of the restaurant) as they go through the clean-up and all the paperwork involved with insurance, etc. Praise the Lord that no one was injured.

And to Jon H. -- Any safety violation at the C.S. is now called a "Harrison." Thought you might be proud.

4 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Wow - I am so proud of my husband :) I am so sad that you started tupperware after I left. I love tupperware - I probably would have been your best customer! We'll pray for that morning sickness to get better.

Unknown said...

You know, you can still do an on-line party with me as your consultant. When I get more info, I'll let you know how to set it up. And, you can still order from my party on Friday. Go to tupperware.com, check out the catalogue and flyer, and let me know what you want :)

Shanti said...

Ok. what happened? How did the fires start? Did it totally ruin the restaurant? I missed the prayer part of the prayer meeting last night so maybe it was mentioned then.

Is there a reason any safety violation at the CS is called a "Harrison"?:-)

And yeah...it's about time you wrote about yourself and your husband. I write about me all the time. haha!

Megan R. said...

Hey, the Budweiser job might be an awesome ministry opportunity. Prayer ministry at least. Rob could do lots of praying for the employees while he swept and mopped floors!