Sunday, August 19, 2007

Miss(ed) Manners

To the best of my ability, I have tried to teach the boys some manners. They both say please and thank you (Ben's is "pees" and "ga", but he signs thank you), they have to ask politely for a toy that the other one has, and both have to ask to leave the table. Matthew's request comes out as "May I excuse have down please, family?" and Ben says, "Down, please" or he signs finished or says "all done." Tonight's little episode, however, showed me just how far I have to go.

Matthew let out a rather loud burp at the table. I asked, "What do you say, Matthew?"

He replied, with a big smile, "I BURPED!!"

**sigh** Back to square one...... ;)

3 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Well he DID burp...just telling it like it is :-) We need more pics of your cuties on here!

Shanti said...

hehehe. You're doing better than me. The kids think "tooting contests" are quite hilarious right now. Trying to break them of that one!

Megan R. said...

My 3yo sings the Diarrhea Song every time I tell her that if she eats too much fruit or drinks too much prune juice she might get the runs.