Saturday, August 4, 2007

Goofy Kids

These little boys of mine have been awfully silly all day long. Matthew's new passion is getting on the love seat, flipping up so his head is on the seat and legs over the top, then pushing off backwards and flipping over the couch. If we could all be so limber....

Ben has been putting on one shoe (anyone's but his) and walking around saying, "Bye-bye" and trying to leave. He usually heads for the pantry, and since it has no other exit, it's pretty safe to say that he wont' go anywhere. He also escapes from his booster seat and tries to table dance during meals. (The straps are as tight as they will go--he's just to little for it yet.) We did the big no-no and laughed the first time, so now that we have to discipline, it's harder to get him to take us seriously.

Matthew and I went grocery shopping today and he did pretty well. So well, in fact, that I bought him some candy. Okay, prepare to shake your head and laugh: I talked him out of a 3 Musketeers bar that he could have shared and into one of those bottle-shaped suckers that you dip in that powdered candy. Yep, he was hyper. He did take a 3 hour nap, which was surprising, but I learned my lesson. Should have seen that one coming.

We watched Matthew's Little Einstein video tonight and we asked him to tell us who the characters are. They are June, Leo, Annie, and Squinkcy (Quincy). We do that just to hear him mispronounce the last one. And they fly around in Rocket so that they don't get messy.

Rob's been silly as well. If you ever have the opportunity to hear him commentate on Little Einsteins, it's pretty funny. He does think it's a good show for the kids, but as with all children's programming, it can grate on an adult's nerves after awhile.

I'm off to eat my Tollhouse Cookie Pie now. Had a craving, Rob fixed me a pie. Isn't he the bestest??

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Hey , no fair , sounds good.
And just for the record, the silliest doesn't stop at the boys in the household. Ha, Ha! Love, Mom

The Harrisons said...

Rob, you need to cut that out. You're makin the rest of us look bad.
JDH

Shanti said...

Maybe if we kept doing the things Matthew does we'd still be limber. :-) If I did half the things my kids did throughout the day I think I'd be permanently injured!

I think I'm going to make that Tollhouse Cookie Pie after John is done with his exams.