Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WE GOT OUT!

Finally, after a month or so of sickness and tiredness, Mommy finally took those little boys to the park. We had a rather hot and humid day yesterday and I thought it would be a good time to get them out. I also had the car, so we didn't have to walk to the park like usual. After I let them out, they held hands all the way to the playground. Wish I would have gotten that one on camera!

Matthew had a wonderful time, especially when Angela showed up. Ben, on the other hand, kept making a break for the street, so I finally put him in his stroller. He was actually happy to just watch the kids. Maybe the playground intimidates him, I don't know. MJ was very pink-cheeked by the end and they had a wonderful time.

Rob and I started our class yesterday. It was fun and I will enjoy the academic challenge. We're taking Intro to World Missions together with Mr. Trainer, who is both interesting and challenging. For Rob, it will be one of his easier classes. He got his syllabus today for Greek Syntax and just about died. It took me about an hour to get all of the assignments into his planner! (Yes, I do his planner, because if I didn't, he'd walk around lost, confused, and flunking.) Thanks to Rachael for watching the kiddos at 7am....hope you're awake on Thursday when I drop them off :)

Rob and I will be starting in a new ministry in September. Our church is starting Truth Trackers for ages 4-6th grade. I knew the program acutally started at 3, so when we enquired about the 3's, we were told that they hold back the 4's and 5's. I wasn't too happy about Matthew having to go back into the nursery instead of learning God's Word on Wednesday's, so Rob and I volunteered to do the Tiny Trackers for the 3's in an unused nursery room. We just got the go-ahead today, so we're very excited! I was saved when I was three, so I know that young children even at that age can come to Christ and can most certainly hide God's Word in their hearts. The verse that kept coming to mind as I pondered what to do was "Let no man despise you because of your youth." I just wanted the little guys to have a chance! We'll go to our first training meeting tonight.

Rob has not heard about the new job, beyond that they received his application. He is working 44 hours a week right now at the Custom Shoppe. Yippee. Pray for us as we adjust to our "Rob gone all the time" schedule.

6 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Yay - our good friends are the founders of Truth Trackers and we even helped write a lesson (not sure for which book though) so of course it's gonna be great. I am so glad you guys are taking that on - you'll do such a great job!

Shanti said...

I was saved when I was three too! Granted I don't remember the date or what exactly happened or anything--I don't put too much stock on that like some people. I just know that as far back as I can remember I always knew God was God and had sent His Son Jesus to die for my sins and that I wanted Him to save me and forgive me for my sins. I think at 3 you can understand those basics and ask God to forgive you. So "Hooray" for you guys for doing the Truth Trackers for 3 yr. olds!

Unknown said...

I actually have a very vivid memory of my salvation experience. I had found a children's tract on our coffee table and after flipping through it, I asked my dad about it. He led me through the tract and I accepted Christ as my Savior. I remember what the room looked like and even that my mom and brother were out grocery shopping. When I was a teen, I often doubted and thought I should get assurance like everyone else was doing, but I knew that I had a very clear memory of what had happened and I know without a doubt that I was saved at that time.

It also challenges me to remember that if I can remember that far back (and earlier) that my kids will too.

Beverly said...

Hey, Penni! I am finally catching up on your blog! You've been great about keeping it updated...I need to work on mine. Anyway, congrats again on the pregnancy! I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better and are looking forward to a new ministry. What a great opportunity.

Shanti said...

I do remember being on my mom's bed and asking her questions and that's how I got saved. I don't remember the date though--I do think it was night for some reason. I really can't remember much when I was 3. But then I have a hard time remembering things from last week. And what does a person with Alzheimer's do? That's why I was saying that I don't depend on the memory of the event, just that I know I'm saved because of what I believe now--or what I've believed for as long as I can remember.

Unknown said...

I do think that it is important to remember the event. I don't take a lot of stock in people's tesitmonies that cannot remember it. As for someone with memory loss, well, I don't think that really counts. My Grandfather had Alzheimer's and I can tell you that the spirtial side of things did not come up a whole lot. However, no matter what crazy things he did or said during the day, he did not forget how to pray. I remember that and it was very special to me. I know by his testimony before the disease addled his brain that he was a Christian. So, I think the family has to rely on the past. It's a very sad thing to watch someone degenerate like that and I'm thankful that I have memories of him before he got sick.

But back to the main point: I think a person should have a memory of salvation and you don't. I can't think of scripture to back up either one of us so we'll just have to go with Mr. Trainer's answer to this problem. "Good men differ." or in this case, women. :)