Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cute Stuff

We often refer to the boys as "cute stuff", often when they are sleeping, but this isn't about them. Well, it is about them, but not their looks. (Although I must admit that I have the handsomest little boys on the planet...and I'm not biased.)

Matthew received a thank-you card from his Sunday school teacher. It has a sparkly snowman on it and his comment was, "Awww! How cute!" (Pronounced key-ute.) Ben now refers to the snowman AS an aww cute. Ben has also adopted Matthew's concept of time. Anything that did not happen today happened yesterday or last night, regardless of how long ago it was.

Matthew is a pack rat. At least with stuffed animals. At any given time, he has 10-15 of them on his bed. In fact, he doesn't really sleep on pillows anymore. It's kind of hard to fit that many creatures, three pillows, and a preschooler on a toddler bed anyway. He also carries around six or seven of them with him. They all have names as well. His favorite right now is the Robin Hood that he bought at the Disney Store with his Christmas money. I gave him the tie to a robe I'm not using and he puts a leash on his doggies and takes them for walks. It's actually a bit demented, because at times it looks like he's dragging around dead animals.

Benjamin keeps amusing me with his funny phrases. If you ask him if he just ate something, he'll say, "I ate the _____. I ate it in my mouth." Just today he looked outside and said, "It's snowing! Oh, my goodness!" He's still picking up songs. He surprised me yesterday by singing the ABC song. Not in total, but enough that I could figure it out. Oh, and we were in Arby's yesterday and some rock music was playing. He started jamming to it and was saying, "I like the music!" I told Rob we'll have to keep an eye on that one musically!

Rob has his own share of funny things to say. Just this morning, he used his standard pregnancy phrase. He came up, poked my belly and said, "Man, that's hard. Do you work out?" He has said that with every pregnancy....silly man.

Oh, Rob started classes this week and it looks like a much lighter load for him. Last semester, he had 18 papers and projects. This semester, he has two. They are both due around the same time as the baby, so he's going to get them done early.

As for me, I'm still here. I'm adjusting to the new diet, the blood testing, and the head cold.

Oh, we're having a surprise visit today from Rob's parents. They called this morning and asked to come up to take us to lunch for Rob's birthday. Should be fun! Rob turns 30 next Sunday and I keep teasing him about being the baby. (I am over 30 already and that's enough said about that.) I found a great birthday song for him on my Facebook page, if any of you are my "Facebook friends", have a listen. It's great!

That's all for now! Next post will contain pictures. We've actually been taking them recently.

4 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

ok you have been promising pictures where are they? I guess I can't say anything haven't downloaded mine either from Christmas, plan to do that today.

The Harrisons said...

Ha ha - we used to tie belts around our stuffed animals too - but only when my little brother wasn't available. We made him be our doggie all the time :-)

Shanti said...

are you over that head cold now?


I'm laughing about the part where they drag about the stuffed animals....

I think I used to do that as a kid. :-)

Beverly said...

Schlotzsky's Deli is AWESOME. I miss that place.

Good to catch up on what's been going on in the L house!