Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sweet, sweet rest

The past five days or so have been a little crazy around here. I was on that funky diet this weekend, which made me a little loopy. Rob even sweetly told me on Saturday night, "Honey, you don't have to eat your dessert. This is just too hard, isn't it?" It was like living in opposite land all weekend! The only good part was going to the mall on Saturday, so I walked off quite a bit of the sugar (but added some at Mrs. Field's cookies).

Monday was my blood test, which made me very tired. The kids didn't get regular naps and Rob left me (to go to work, of all things) so we had a cranky evening until I put them to bed at 7pm. They normally go to bed at 9pm, so the early bedtime was a wonderful change. Tuesday was pretty much the same, except that I had TWO outings (pharmacy and doctor) and the kids still didn't get naps in (except in the car.) Bedtime came early and a cranky mommy crashed on the couch.

Today, however, was wonderfully different. We stayed home. We had "schooltime" (alphabet emphasis for Matthew, sitting and listening to a story for Ben.) We took naps. Ben slept for 2 hours and Matthew for three. I think Ben would have slept longer had not the phone rang at 3:30. It was a call I needed to take, but it woke me out of a sound sleep (I was drooling and everything, which is a good indicator of a good sleep.)

The important thing is that we rested. Tomorrow is Morning for Moms, so I get a two hour break while I learn how to quilt. The children get a two hour break from Mommy, so I'm sure they'll be thrilled as well. You know, it can't be easy living with a hormone-crazed gestational diabetic mommy. They need their breaks, too!

Prayer Request: The town my parents live in has been declared a disaster area due to severe flooding. They and their house are fine, but several friends of theirs have water damage to their homes. Please pray for the town of Pontiac, Illinois.

1 comment:

Shanti said...

"it can't be easy living with a hormone-crazed gestational diabetic mommy"


That line made me laugh!

BTW, one of these days, we really need to start up our tea time again!!
I did buy more tea!