Monday, January 21, 2008

Sigh.....

Okay, I'm breaking a promise. I said that I wasn't going to post anything new until I posted some new pictures. I haven't downloaded the pics yet from my camera (I fear all technology) but I have a few updates on the fam to put up....so there.

This weekend we celebrated Rob's 30th birthday. It was not at all stressful for him, since his wife has already reached that milestone. He even stated that it was about time he was 30. I guess returning to college with a bunch of kids makes you feel older. Anyway, I baked him some cupcakes, but they didn't turn out as planned. They are supposed to have a carmel center, but it hardened after the cupcakes cooled, so we pulled them out. We did order Rico's for his dinner on Saturday (that's the best pizza in town, BTW) so that was fun.

My present to Rob was a Sunday afternoon with no children. Some friends of ours took the boys home with them after church on Sunday and brought them back for the Sunday night service. Rob and I went to Applebee's for lunch and then home. We changed clothes, finding some old slippers we hadn't worn, and came down the stairs discussing our afternoon plans. As I stepped onto our hardwood floor from the last step, I slipped and landed on my right leg with my foot bent too far in front of me. I screamed, hollered, and writhed in pain for what felt like hours (but was mere seconds.) Rob had heard three cracking noises and assumed I broke something. (Turned out that he heard the slippers cracking.) He even asked if I broke my ankle. Being the ever sarcastic one, the first comment that popped into my head was, "Do I LOOK like an x-ray machine??"

I was able to move everything just fine, so Rob helped me to the couch. I was in agony for awhile, but we decided not to go to the ER just yet. I took some Tylenol and that helped. It seems that I just landed hard on my leg. It's sore all the way down, but the worst pain is in the foot. I've been limping around today and trying to keep off it as much as possible. Rob stayed home from school this morning to help out. He did go to work at 3 as usual and we were just fine. He'll be gone most of tomorrow, so hopefully my foot will be feeling better.

So, we didn't really do much on Sunday except nap and play card games in the afternoon, which is just as well. At least we didn't have to run to the hospital! The boys had a wonderful afternoon with the Petersons and Ben even napped while he was there. I was glad to see my little guys when they came home because this house is too quiet without them!

And that's a bit of our household happenings this week. I will get those pictures loaded sometime in the near future!

1 comment:

cardboardkiller said...

aww :(
hope you get better soon