Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update on the gimp

There are days where I feel that I will never be whole and healthy again. This was one of them. I was pretty sad this morning and I told Rob that I'd better never get some huge life-altering illness because I do not have the emotional state for it. Poor guy, I gave him the pouty lip and everything before he left for work.

I woke up with a cramp in my thigh this morning, so that just set the tone for the whole day. I used some Icy Hot on it and it felt much better. Overall I've been walking better today and only had two little setbacks. I tripped over my own foot and set some pain up the leg and tripped over a blanket in the boys room, but that wasn't as bad. Probably the most painful thing I've dealt with had more to do with my c-section scar than my injury. I woke up from my nap in pain b/c the way I was laying to make my leg feel better made my old scar area hurt. After lumbering around in the bed for a better position, I fell right back to sleep.

Otherwise, it's not too bad. I stayed home from Truth Trackers tonight because there has been some new snow and I'm a little nervous about making it safely to the car. Plus, I have a lot of walking to do to get to our classroom, so I figured I'm better off just recooperating.

Matthew has decided that music makes my foot feel better, so he's been playing me songs on his toy CD player, a xylophone, and singing. He's so cute!

1 comment:

The Harrisons said...

We'll be praying for you!