Saturday, January 26, 2008

Family News

I've talked alot about myself this week and our blessings, so I thought I'd let y'all know how the rest of the family is doing.

Benjamin--Ben has started potty training this week. We started last Saturday by trying to place him on his little potty when we knew he was going #2. He got the idea, but not the follow through. He was crying from his crib about going potty that night but we didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. :( Since then, he's been going into the bathroom whenever Matthew has to go. They both love it because if Ben goes, then they both get M&M's. (Hey, I gotta get my help when Rob's gone!) Ben's still pretty young, but since he's interested, we're going to keep trying.

Matthew--My little charmer has been full of interesting quips this week. I think my favorite one came on Thursday morning when he was picking up toys to put in the toy box. We could hear him getting frustrated and he finally yelled, "I can't get the monkey off the pliers!" I asked Rob if he ever has that trouble at work. Otherwise, he's been pretty good overall. We fingerpainted yesterday and had a ball doing it. He's quite the little artist. I was teaching him about mixing colors and he got the idea right away, experimenting alot on his own. He's not interested in learning letters and numbers yet, but he loves the art stuff!

Rob--He's doing well in school and is enjoying his relaxed load. He's been working on some Greek extra credit that is due on Monday, but when that's finished he'll have plenty of time for the regular work each night and get a decent night's sleep. He's taking Joshua and Judges and is reading the boys their devos from Joshua right now. They love it! He's been such a great help this week and has played Mommy quite often. I'm so blessed to have him!

Anna--She's been kicking away like mad. Last night she moved up and down my side and it almost tickled! I just love the feeling of a baby inside. My OB is trying to set the c-section for March 21st, which is Good Friday. I see her on Wednesday so hopefully she'll have the date settled by then.

Me--My foot is slowly improving. I did a bit of driving today (had to hit the oops sale at the local candle store!) and it hurt, especially keeping my foot on the brake. It was also very slushy out, so walking wasn't much fun either. (I did find a Gourmet Popcorn Shoppe and stopped to get some cheese popcorn for Rob.) Otherwise, I'm still moving slow, but it doesn't hurt as bad. I haven't needed any pain killers for a few days. The bruise is very ugly, but it looks worse than it feels!

And that's us!

3 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I loved joshua and judges - probably one of my favorite Bible classes...is Dr. Saxon still teaching it?

Unknown said...

Yup!

Shanti said...

Glad that foot is getting better. I can curl my toes under with less pain too. :-)