Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Everything Is Trying to Kill Me

When I taught history, I used to show this video on the Vietnam War and one of the songs they played was titled the same as this post. It's how I kind of feel today.

If you read the previous post, you know that I injured my right leg, mainly my foot. Well, yesterday, I dropped the remote on the same foot. Then today, a Magni Doodle came crashing down on my injured thigh. I popped my knee going up the stairs to shower this morning. But the "kicker" came when I knocked a couch cushion with my injured foot, thus shooting pain up my entire leg. Rob came home early from work to save me from the children, who were less than sympathetic to my plight. In fact, Matthew was so scared seeing me writhe in agony that he curled up in a fetal position on the couch until I calmed down! (Again, more proof that he is not destined for the medical profession!) Benjamin, on the other hand, just wanted to poke my injuries.

I'm supposed to see my OB tomorrow to go over my blood counts (b/c I forgot them last week) but I am unable to drive, so that appointment will be cancelled. **sigh** There is a bright spot, because the wife of a friend of Rob's offered to come over and help do housework or watch the boys for a bit on Thursday.

I'll try to post again to update you on my condition, providing I'm not in a coma or something....

4 comments:

Megan R. said...

Are you sure you didn't break something?

Somebody asked us that last summer when John sprained both ankles and one knee. John blew it off as just a bunch of sprains. After 10 days of agonizing pain, he concluded that maybe something was wrong afterall...Just be careful not to do more damage if it's something serious, 'kay?

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure. My foot finally bruised up (it's SO pretty) and the pain feels like muscle problems. A friend of Rob's told him that deep muscle pain can actually cause scar tissue to appear and can take awhile to heal. I'm feeling better today, but if it persists much longer, I'm going to the doctor.

Anonymous said...

I fell on the pointy heel end of my ice skate blade once as a 12yo and it left a permanent dent in my thigh muscle. It hurt FOR A LONG TIME, so, yeah, I'd agree that deep muscle injuries can be pretty rough. Prayers that you recover quickly!

Shanti said...

Man! Hope you're feeling better soon.
David's cough turned into a miserable cold which had his eyes running as well. So we didn't go to Tiny Tracker's either. I figured nobody would want what he had and I really wanted to give him more rest to recover!
He's doing much better today.
Maybe we can have tea next week????
That is if Angela or I don't get what he had next...